Wellness Care for Small Animals in Lockhart, TX
Preventive care doesn’t just save you money—it can save your pet’s life! At Chisholm Trail Veterinary Clinic of Lockhart, we offer wellness exams, check-ups, preventive care, and our full range of veterinary services to help our patients achieve optimal health at all ages.
PET WELLNESS EXAMS
Regular wellness check-ups are essential for early disease detection. We offer wellness exams tailored to your pet’s age, health, and unique needs to keep your pet’s health on track.
WHAT DOES A WELLNESS EXAM INCLUDE?
First we have a look. Your pet’s wellness exam begins with a detailed look at your pet’s eyes, ears, mouth, and skin. By visually examining your pet, our veterinarians can view your pet’s overall health and any health changes. We’ll also keep tabs on any lesions, diseases, parasites, or abnormalities during this part of the exam.
Then we have a listen. Using a stethoscope, our veterinarians at Chisholm Trail Veterinary Clinic at Lockhart will closely listen to your pet’s heart and lungs. If any breathing difficulties or heartbeat irregularities occur, diagnostic tests may be ordered.
Next, we feel for abnormalities. In this part of the exam, our veterinarians will press on your pet’s abdomen to check for any organ pain or swelling. After your pet’s organs have been checked, we’ll check your pet’s joints for any signs of arthritis or deformity.
After, we have a talk. You understand your pet more than anyone, so our veterinarians will ensure to hear about your pet’s behavior and health straight from you. We’ll ask questions about your pet’s eating, sleeping, and playtime habits, then listen carefully to any questions or concerns you may have.
PREVENTIVE CARE FOR PETS
After your pet’s wellness exam, our veterinarians will create a thoughtful course of action to keep your pet in top physical shape.
Our preventive care often includes:
- Counseling. Advice to keep your pet healthy and happy through behavioral and nutritional counseling services.
- Parasite control. From itchy fleas to life-threatening heartworms, parasite control is crucial to keeping your pets healthy, particularly in the state fo Texas. Chisholm Trail Veterinary Clinic of Lockhart is fully equipped to test for and treat all types of parasites.
- Vaccinations. Vaccines are a vital component of disease prevention. We’ll create a custom vaccination scheduled suited to your pet’s specific needs.
- Diagnostic screenings. During routine wellness exams, your pet may need to give a blood, fecal, or urine sample. The samples are analyzed in our in-house lab for signs of abnormalities or disease. Over time, these tests also act as a baseline for your pet’s health so future changes can be detected.
ADDITIONAL PREVENTIVE SERVICES AT OUR CLINIC
At Chisholm Trail Veterinary Clinic of Lockhart, we advocate for a well-rounded approach to health. For this reason, we give extra attention to your pet’s teeth, hygiene, and skin as part of a thorough preventive care plan.
- Dentistry. Yes, clean teeth keep your pet’s breath fresh, but dental cleanings also prevent gum disease and ultimately organ damage.
- Allergy testing and dermatology. Scratching and rashes don’t have to be part of your pet’s everyday life! Bring your pet to Chisholm Trail Veterinary Clinic for allergy testing to determine the culprit for your pet’s skin issues. Your pet will find relief before you know it.
VETERINARY CARE FOR PETS OF ALL AGES
Whether you have a new kitten or a senior dog, the highly-trained veterinarians and staff at Chisholm Trail Veterinary Clinic of Lockhart provide the best preventive care possible for your pet.
Chisholm Trail is my go-to for animal emergencies. They have always been helpful and respectful. I have seen at least 3 of the vets (large and small animal) and have liked them all. Pricing seems decent, no complaints!
- Stacy A.
What a great clinic and atmosphere! From the time we dropped off our fur baby to the time we picked her up, we were taken absolute care of by all the staff that was involved in her care. Everyone was very kind and helpful in our experience. We will definitely be back, and I HIGHLY recommend their wonderful service to anyone who is looking for a vet in the area! Thank y'all!
- Megan N.
My first time with two puppies and let me tell you .... I'm a hard person to impress but the entire staff on hand while I was there were PROFESSIONALS and will continue going there even if we move. You just can't find service like this anymore.
- Nathan P.
The doctor was very gentle yet did a thorough exam on my timid chihuahua. She liked them so much that she let them also trim her nails without a fuss. They did a professional scientific analysis of her condition and drafted an affordable plan for her recovery.
- Shelley C.
Just moved back into town and my chorkie needed a yearly check up and a dental exam. I have nothing but amazing things to say about this clinic! They were upfront with their pricing - and it is very reasonable. We got a tour of their boarding and it was nice, clean, and there was plenty of room for fur babies to run around. My dog has severe anxiety over everything, and they made him and us feel great about the whole appointment. We'll be returning for the ultrasonic dental cleaning. 10/10 recommend this place, the staff (everyone we talked to) was SO friendly!
GIVE PUPPIES AND KITTENS A HEALTHY START
Did you know that your new pet can meet their veterinarian as early as 6 weeks old? During this initial visit, our veterinarians will set your little companion on the right path. We’ll provide thorough care for your pet, including:
- Checking for worms and providing deworming treatments
- Ensuring your pet's overall health—from nose to tail!
- Advising on the best diet for optimal growth and development
- Beginning vaccine boosters for gradual disease immunity
- Providing support on behavior, housebreaking, socialization, and more
Get a headstart on your pet’s health today!